Celebrating Small Business Week in SaskatchewanOctober 13, 2023
Small Business Week, which takes place from October 15 to 21, 2023, is a time to celebrate the backbone of our province’s economy—our small businesses. In Saskatchewan, these enterprises make up nearly 99% of all businesses and contribute significantly to the provincial economy. To help you celebrate and participate in Small Business Week, we’ve curated a collection of events from our community partners and listed them below.
- October 17, Weyburn – Handshakes and Hashbrowns
Join the Weyburn Chamber of Commerce and WorkSafe Saskatchewan for a morning of networking and delicious breakfast. Learn more.
- October 17, Virtual – Let’s Talk Solutions for Today’s Business Challenges
The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) presents a virtual event where experts will discuss solutions to the challenges small businesses face in today’s ever-changing business landscape. Learn more.
- October 18, Regina, SK – Entrepreneur Showcase “The Life Cycle of an Entrepreneur”
Hosted by the Regina Chamber, this event dives into the journey of an entrepreneur, covering everything from startup to success. Learn more.
- October 18, Prince Albert – Small Business Week Luncheon with Murad Al-Katib, AGT Foods
Join the Prince Albert Chamber of Commerce and Murad Al-Katib, President and CEO of AGT Food and Ingredients Inc. for a keynote presentation with business leaders from the Prince Albert community. Learn more.
- October 18, Virtual – Thinking Big, Supporting Small: Navigating Business Decisions with Data
Join BDC and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce for a virtual event focused on navigating business decisions with data. This is an excellent opportunity to gain insights and strategies for your small business. Learn more.
- October 19, Virtual – Elevate Your Entrepreneurial Skills: A Fireside Chat
BDC and Futurpreneur present a virtual fireside chat to inspire and empower entrepreneurs. Learn from the experiences of seasoned entrepreneurs and gain valuable insights. Learn more.
- October 20, Estevan – Estevan Chamber of Commerce EBEX Awards
Join Estevan’s best businesses at the EBEX Awards for a cocktail reception, appetizers, and celebration! Learn more.
Small Business Statistics
Looking for small business statistics? Check out the below information from the Government of Saskatchewan’s ‘Small Business Profile 2022’ report.
- Leading the Nation: Saskatchewan boasts the second-highest per capita rate of small businesses in Canada, with 122 small businesses for every 1,000 people. This is a testament to the entrepreneurial culture that thrives in our province.
- Economic Powerhouses: Despite their size, small businesses contribute significantly to Saskatchewan’s economy, accounting for a quarter of the province’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP). They provide stable and competitive wages to their employees, supporting local families and communities.
- Rural Resilience: Nearly 60% of Saskatchewan’s small businesses are located outside of Saskatoon and Regina. This highlights the resilience and determination of entrepreneurs in rural areas, who play a vital role in keeping our province’s economy diverse and dynamic.
This Small Business Week, take the time to appreciate the dedication and hard work of our province’s small business owners. Happy Small Business Week, Saskatchewan!