The Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) through Magnet is a Chamber Partnership Initiative supports access to the following key features through Magnet’s platform:
- Nationwide student recruitment: Hiring a student? Use the Outcome Campus Connect functionality to reach student job seekers across 85+ post-secondary institutions with one click.
- Financial support for student hiring: Wage subsidies of up to $7,500 available to employers to hire post-secondary students through the Student Work Placement Program (SWPP).
- Intelligent job matching: Employers can target job postings directly to job seekers based on skills, experience, education, and industry-specific certifications.
- Diverse hiring: Employers know the value of a diverse workforce. Build more inclusive and equitable hiring practices with the Hire Immigrants and Discover Ability resource hubs. Magnet’s platform also enables diverse and inclusive hiring with tools that target LGBTQ candidates, newcomers, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, women, and visible minorities.
- Customized business growth content: Access to export-related opportunities and business growth information from Magnet content partners, including OCC, Export Development Canada, Business Development Bank of Canada, Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade and Global Affairs Canada and the Future Skills Centre.