Director of Membership Sales
Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Membership Sales is responsible for effectively networking, marketing, and selling new Chamber memberships to the Saskatchewan business community by direct sales and through maintaining close working relationships with local chambers and businesses. This role will promote the benefits of membership to a range of audiences with the goal of annually increasing sales.
This role requires a person who has the ability to travel across Saskatchewan, and the flexibility to be available to attend functions outside normal working hours.
- Sell new membership by direct sales through cold calls and personal visits.
- Attend professional and local Chamber networking events and maintain close working relationships with local chambers and businesses.
- Provides guidance and assistance to members on the benefits to ensure clarity and to maximize use of these benefits.
- Travel across Saskatchewan (may also include neighbouring provinces) to visit potential Chamber members, explain the importance of the Chamber’s role in provincial affairs, and sell memberships to the business community.
- Provide new membership information to the appropriate office staff.
- Attend business events on behalf of the SCC, as required.
- Other duties and projects as required by the CEO.
Engagement of Members:
- Work with the Director of Membership Engagement to create a quarterly engagement plan to conduct routine engagement phone calls to members regarding partnerships, sponsorships, and renewals.
- Work with the Director of Membership Engagement and the Director of Events to determine an action plan and inventory list of potential sponsorship opportunities.
- Assist the Director of Membership Engagement with the sale of sponsorship to all events.
- Prospect new members through research on businesses in Saskatchewan and develop and maintain a system for identifying prospective members.
- Identify & contact business decision-makers to market the activities and benefits of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce.
- Inform the CEO of issues and concerns raised by the business community (and Director of Government Relations as necessary) also inform SCC staff of changes in the business community, ex: who’s retiring, who has changed jobs, new companies moving into Saskatchewan or closing up.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- 5+ years of sales and marketing experience which involved selling a product, service, conceptual idea, or memberships.
- Some post-secondary education in the areas of business and/or marketing is an asset.
- Proven track record in a sales environment using relational sales skills and extensive experience with cold calling.
- Strong ability to socialize well with members, business owners and government/municipal officials.
- Sound understanding of the business environment and trends in Saskatchewan is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and CRM tools.
- Must enjoy networking and attending events/functions/dinners.
- Must be flexible, comfortable working independently and work well in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to travel and attend functions outside normal work hours
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and disciplined personality.
- Must enjoy travel within Saskatchewan.
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 18, 2019.
Thank you to all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.