The Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce (SCC) is currently seeking nominations for its Board of Directors. This is the Formal Call for Nominations.
The Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce has a board of 13 people including a Past Chair, 1st Vice Chair and a 2nd Vice Chair, as well as 9 Directors. There are three (3) positions on the Board that are up for election in 2023 by members of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce. This is the Formal Call for Nominations.
All positions are for a three-year term, to begin on May 1, 2023.
Member businesses can bring forward nominations for Directors by nominating individuals that are current members of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce in good standing. No Director shall be a person whose primary source of income is from an association, non-profit, or chamber of commerce, with the exception of a non-elected employee of a business operating in the open market for economic purposes that is owned by an Indigenous government, is deemed eligible.
Election to the Board will be determined by the candidates that receive the greatest number of votes. Ballots will be sent to all member businesses. Each member organization will receive one vote per organization.
As a member of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce, you are able to nominate and vote for whomever you chose (based on the guidelines above). However, as our governance process has a goal of having the Board of Directors represent all segments of our membership, we ask that you consider the following when nominating and voting:
- Rural geographic representation
- Indigenous representation
- Diversity in board representation
- Technology industry representation
- Senior Leaders of Large businesses (50 + employees)
- Entrepreneurs/Business Owners
Current Board of Directors
The Board of Directors with continuing terms for 2023-2024 are:
- Evan Doepker, Past Chair, Doepker Industries Ltd., Annaheim
- Jessica Theriault, Chair, Mosaic, Regina
- Greg McIntyre, 1st Vice Chair, RBC, Moose Jaw
- Khurrum Awan, 2nd Vice Chair, Miller Thomson LLP
- Neha Jain, Neha Jain Consulting Inc., Regina
- Jason Moser, PRM Capital Inc., Regina
- Shawn Moen, 9 Mile Legacy Brewing Co., Saskatoon
- Cody Demerais, Limitless Gear Clothing, Prince Albert
- Alicia Soulier, Salon Scale Saskatoon
- Leanne Parsons, K+S Potash Canada, Saskatoon
Some major duties as Director of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce include:
- Attending board meetings (held six times annually),
- Participating on board committees,
- Attending various events, and
- Participating in the work of the Saskatchewan Chamber.
The selection of qualified people who have time to contribute to the Saskatchewan Chamber is of vital importance, and we ask that you give due consideration to this fact in the nomination process. More information on the Chamber can be found at About Us – Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce (saskchamber.com).
The deadline for nominations is March 22. 2023. During the week of March 29th, after the Nomination Committee has received and confirmed all nominations, the slate of candidates will be sent to each member’s primary representative along with the ballot containing information on the candidates.
Submit your Nomination Deadline
- To submit a nomination, please complete the SCC Board Nomination form below.
- At the end of the survey, you will be prompted to upload a signed version of the Board of Directors Commitment Agreement. Please download it here.
If you have any questions, please contact Virginia Wilkinson at email@example.com or 306-530-9862.