Looking for a rewarding career?
Consider a career with the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce.
Director of Marketing & CommunicationsLearn More
Are you creative? Technologically savvy? Organized? The Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce (SCC) is looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications to create and coordinate everything from social media to publications, and all the stuff in-between! We need an energetic self-starter who can juggle multiple projects and adapt to the changing environment. The world is changing, as is how we do business, and we need someone who is flexible, open to change and willing to help us navigate our way though this new world with some truly exceptional marketing and communications.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the creation, layout, design, writing, editing, proofreading and coordination of all SCC marketing and event material, publications and reports, creation of website and digital content, and promotion through social media. This person is also responsible for the coordination of media relations at major events and public relations activities.
With a transition to more virtual events, and a mix of in-person and online participants at SCC events and programs, this person works with our Director of Events to ensure the technology used and the processes adopted work seamlessly.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate the overall annual communications plan, as well as project-based communication plans
• Create accurate marketing budgets
• Develop written communications targeted at external and internal audiences. Communications include the monthly digital newsletter, SCC website content, information updates and other correspondence of the SCC.
• Edit, proofread and design all SCC print and online content, in particular, written work drafted by the CEO, the Director of Research and Policy Development, and the Director of Programs.
• Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, the newsletter, the Annual Report, anything with a SCC logo (business cards, letterhead, newsletters, brochures, swag for members) in order to ensure the SCC brand is protected and regulated.
• Design graphics and copy for all events and training programs, and co-ordinate all event communication (including the ABEX Awards, in which this position carries a large role)
• Design and write event programs/handouts/menus for all events, as required.
• Create electronic/various marketing pieces for membership sales and retention.
• Write and submit tenders for request for proposals (RFPs) for external design and/or printing of materials.
• Ensure the website and blog are always up to date with quality content and provide monthly usage analytics.
• Collect and create content for the newsletter and website from members and other relevant sources.
• Provide opportunities for the SCC Chair to connect with members through video, articles, social media, etc.
• Ensure quality photos are taken at events and used properly; if a photographer is contracted out, this position will be the photographer liaison.
• Coordinate media for events, and handle public relations activities including writing news releases and provide background material for the media.
• Ensure sponsorship visibility during events and during the year in the newsletter and on the website as per the sponsor agreements.
• All AV content (not hardware) during all events
• Social media management for LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the SCC and separate accounts for ABEX. This includes gathering content, creating high quality graphics for every post that stays within SCC visual and policy guidelines.
• Design, edit and organize printing (when applicable) of all backgrounders, issues in focus, reports, and all other research projects.
• Other duties and projects as required by the CEO.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
• Some post-secondary education is an advantage.
• 3-5 years’ professional work experience in the areas of communication, marketing and/or graphic design.
• Graphic design expertise is requested: 3-5 years’ experience including proficiency in Adobe Suite: Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Corel Video Studio and Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• 3-5 years’ experience writing content for speeches, business reports, event programs and marketing material; proficiency in editing and proofreading skills also necessary.
• Familiarity with Canadian Press Style writing is an asset (CP Style).
• Awareness and knowledge of issues affecting the business community and familiarity with membership-based organizations is an asset.
• An interest in networking with the business community and government officials is also an asset.
• Expertise in meeting and event software – Zoom, Comcast and others.
• Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
• Strong verbal and written communication needs and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
• Excellent writing/editing/proofreading skills.
• Proficient in computer software programs (listed above) and ability to learn new programs when needed.
• Ability to manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
• Photography skills are a benefit.
• Self-starter, innovative, creative.
• Commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, chamber members, program participants and other supporters.
• Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the changing business environment.
The Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.